What We Offer
At Oakfield we are committed to working in partnership with all who are involved with our children to ensure that we achieve the best possible outcomes for the individual child within a nurturing and inclusive environment.
Our facilities include…
- Sensory Room with beanbags, soft play, coloured lights, music and sensory play equipment.
- An Inclusion Team consisting of members of staff trained to work one-to-one or in small groups with children who need extra support.
- ELSA (Emotional literacy support assistant) groups for children identified as needing this intensive support programme.
- Sidney, our Pets as Therapy dog who joins in with ELSA and SEMH (social, emotional and mental health) sessions.
- A holistic approach to the education of children with SEN, focusing on social and life skills as well as academic progress.
- Forest School sessions, cookery, football, art, music, modern foreign languages and ICT.