Inclusion Co-ordinator & Class Teacher
(SENCO/PP & LAC)
Required from 1st September 2020
Oakfield CE Primary School, Appley Road, Ryde, I.W. PO33 1NE
Salary: MPS + TLR2 (£2,796) Job Status: Permanent
Full time – 32.5 hours per week
The Arreton & Oakfield Federation are looking for an inspirational and hardworking Inclusion Co-ordinator (INCO) and teacher to join the Oakfield team. We are a highly inclusive school and pride ourselves on prioritising relationships as the key to enabling all children to achieve. Staff and pupils have a strong sense of belonging, fondly referred to as the Oakfield Family.
The post includes teaching FTE 0.5 in KS2, and FTE 0.5 INCO (non-teaching), in the first instance.
As INCO at Oakfield you will need to:
- Either be qualified or working (prepared to work) towards the SENCO qualification.
- Be committed to the School’s inclusive vision, ethos and curriculum intent.
- Be able to work with the School’s strategic leadership team and whole school to review curriculum impact and pastoral development
- Promote, review and ensure the School’s policies are implemented thoroughly.
- Be confident in interpreting data and diagnostic assessments effectively, and as a result, review provision and improve whole school/ individuals’ practice and therefore pupils’ outcomes.
- Be dedicated to learning yourself, promote research-based practice and disseminate it through effective CPD, both planned and in the moment.
- Have great interpersonal skills so you can work well alongside others and provide parent/carer support for all aspects of SEN, which at times can be challenging and emotive.
- Actively seek to work as part of a multi-agency approach to ensure children have access to what they are entitled to, and more.
- Lead annual reviews, including organisation and supporting staff to complete necessary paperwork.
- Lead on key vulnerable groups such as LAC, PP and greater depth.
- Be tenacious, organised, efficient and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the systems in place meet the needs of the pupils and staff well.
We are also looking for a teacher who is:
- A qualified teacher with QTS
- Keen to work as part of a team and share ideas and good practice
- Passionate for raising the achievement of all children
- Dedicated to setting high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- An effective communicator with staff, parents and children
- Able to provide and maintain a stimulating classroom environment that promotes children’s learning
- A strong team player who is able to share the teaching responsibility of a class effectively.
- Willing to contribute to the wider aspects of school life.
We can offer you:
- Support to undertake/complete the SENCO qualification if required
- An exciting and inspiring place to work where you can help shape the future
- Excellent continuing professional development opportunities
- A supportive staff team
- Enthusiastic and energetic children
- Excellent inclusion and safeguarding support
The Arreton & Oakfield Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The Governors of the Federation recruit according to the council’s Safer Recruitment policy, are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to obtain enhanced DBS clearance.
In addition to the above, the Federation is a Disability Confident Employer. This means that providing an individual meets the basic essential requirements of the advertised role and have declared themselves as disabled, they will be offered an opportunity for an interview within the Federation. Please note that the Governing Body of an Aided or a Foundation School is the employer.
Closing Date: 22nd May 2020
Interviews scheduled for w/c 25th May 2020
Please email completed application packs to Trudy Taylor, Federation Business Manager, via email; email@example.com